- Vaccinations – Staying up to date on routine vaccinations is essential to prevent illness from many different infections.
- Stay home when sick – People who have symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal infections, such as cough, fever, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea, should stay home.
- Ventilation – Schools and ECE programs can optimize ventilation and maintain improvements to indoor air quality to reduce the risk of germs and contaminants spreading through the air.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette – Washing hands can prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Schools and ECE programs should teach and reinforce proper hand washing to lower the risk of spreading viruses, including the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Clean – Schools and ECE programs should clean surfaces at least once a day to reduce the risk of germs spreading by touching surfaces.