PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The coronavirus is COVID-19. All people of every race can contract this infection, but studies are now showing that African Americans are dying from COVID-19 at a higher rate than other races. The coronavirus can cause death in anyone. However, people who are 65 years old or older and those who have a chronic illness like hypertension, diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart disease, kidney disease, sickle cell anemia, systemic lupus erythematosis, or sarcoidosis have an increased risk of getting sick and dying from COVID-19.
To protect yourself from the coronavirus, you must:
- Stay home!!!!!!!!!
- Only go out to buy groceries or medical supplies, to see the doctor, or to help a relative who is sick.
- Stay 6 feet away from everyone.
- Wear gloves and a mask when you are out.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds frequently or use hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose, or mouth
- Sneeze into your arm or a tissue and throw the tissue away.
- Call the doctor’s office and ask if your appointment can be a telephone call.
- Surfaces which are touched frequently should be cleaned with a sanitizer.
- Wipe all groceries and carryout food after removing them from the bag or package.
- Wipe all mail with a sanitizer and wait for 24 hours before opening.